Green Dean is an urban farmer and permaculturist based in beautiful Brisbane, Queensland. Dean supports SE Qld homes and communities with education, design and consulting on urban farming, permaculture and food integrity. While he comes from a rural farming background, he now strongly focuses on urban farming – bringing food growing back into the towns and cities, where it has traditionally always been in sustainable cultures.
Dean founded and runs several related SE Qld, national and international groups and projects, and is a popular presenter at expos, events and workshops. He also supports national and international followers through Facebook groups and his blog.
Dean is the founder of:
- Green Dean Urban Farmer
- SEQUFG (SE Qld Urban Farmers Guild)
- Fermental As Anything
- Australian Kimchi Appreciation Society
- Co-founder of WUFF (World Urban Farmers Family)
- Co-founder of WUFD (World Urban Farmers Day - May 22)
- Green Dean’s Crop Swaps
- The KFC Project (2012-2017)
- and Admin for Earth Garden Magazine Facebook page