About Our Crop Swaps
- We are a 100% not-for-profit project
- All members of the community are welcome
- All homegrown vegies, fruit, herbs, seedlings, seeds, plants, trees, flowers, craft, and homemade food are welcome
- No amount of produce is too small or too big to bring along
- It’s a great place to share food and garden tips, info and ideas
- Bring along your ‘green’ promotional material to display
If you know what you'll be bringing in advance, please let us know or post it on our Facebook page
A Few Guidelines
- All fresh produce must be homegrown and organic - no purchased food
- All other food must be homemade, eg. herbal teas, biscuits, cakes, honey, etc
- No produce can be sold or bought at this gathering - swap or give away only
- No money is exchanged for produce at this gathering
- It is up to each person to negotiate the value of the produce they are swapping or sharing. It does not have to be equal value trading. For example, you are welcome to swap 1 egg for a bag of potatoes, or give away your produce for free
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Gatherings are held as advised on the events calendar and on the Facebook page.
- MORNING CROP SWAPS 9am - 1pm
- TWILIGHT CROP SWAPS 3pm - 7pm
- Cost: Gold coin contribution
- Venue: As advertised each time
We also offer a free presentation/guest speaker at each Crop Swap on a food, garden or health topic. If you'd like to present something please let us know.
Join us on Facebook at Green Dean's Crop Swap
Want to start a Crop Swap?
We also help people set up Crop Swaps in other communities. It’s such a great way to bring people together, encourage gardening, share fresh homegrown produce, homemade food and green ideas.
If you’d like some ideas and assistance to start a Crop Swap in your community, please contact us anytime. We’d love to help.