Basic Garden Beds are sold in modular kits, which allow for more beds to be added later, either side by side, on top of each other or in various shapes.
Choosing the modular option doesn’t require a quote. You can order and purchase these anytime.
Basic recommended garden beds include:
- 1m long x 50cm wide x 20cm high – ideal for singles or small spaces (our minimum dimensions)
- 1m x 1m wide x 20cm high – ideal for beginners, couples or children
- 2 x 1m x 1m wide x 20cm high – ideal for a small-medium family or confident grower
- 3 x 1m x 1m wide x 20cm high – ideal for a larger family or keen grower
- Or any combination of these x 40cm or higher
You can also choose L shaped, T shaped, cross shaped, terraced or step edged garden beds in this modular system. Please Contact for quotes.
* Please note: We do not recommend raised garden beds over 40cm high, unless for a special reason, such as wheelchair, disability or other functional access, etc.
We also quote on Raised Garden Beds for specific designs, sizes and special features. This option requires a Garden Consult to quote on your design needs at your home or business.
ALL RAISED GARDEN BED KITS INCLUDE:
- Delivery and construction for you on site
- Raised timber garden bed sleepers + screws
- A quality organic compost, soil and fertiliser mix to fill the garden bed
- A quality organic mulch
- Recommended number of vegetable and herb seedlings of your choice
- Laminated how-to sheets for all elements of your urban farm
- Great follow up and ongoing support
* PLEASE NOTE: A travel fee is charged for delivery and construction outside the greater Brisbane area.
GARDEN SUPPORT KITS cost $100 and include:
- 1 mesh trellis for growing climbing edibles
- protection netting or shade cloth
- 9L watering can
- 2 gardening hand tools
- 2 organic liquid plant foods – seaweed solution and liquid fertiliser
- 2 organic pest sprays – for micro and macro pests
Depending on your site, terrain, weather and some other factors, construction requires approx 60 minutes per modular Basic Garden Bed. This timeframe may take a little longer for added structures such as trellises, shade, netting, etc.
OUR GARDEN BED TIMBER
We use 50mm thick Australian made MicroPro Sienna treated pine sleepers for all garden beds. This timber is ARSENIC-FREE, guarantees durability, longevity in all weather and is fungal and insect resistant, including termites. For more info please see http://www.timberlinkaustralia.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/TL-Sienna-A4-Info-Flyer-HR.pdf