Hippocrates said, “All disease begins in the gut.”
Gut health – the health and balance of the intricate community of microbes that live in (microbiota) and on us (microbiome) – is now one of the hottest and fastest growing areas of health and medical research. Our digestive system is home to an incredibly diverse population of microbial organisms that actually influence and manage our digestion, immunity, energy and mood, brain chemistry, nervous system, sleep and circadian rhythms, and even how we communicate with people, animals and nature.
We know that simple things impact our gut health in many positive and negative ways, such as diet, exercise, sleep, stress, our living and working environments, and time in nature.
Cutting edge science has revealed how our microbiome works, what makes it thrive, what harms it, the best foods and health practices to help it thrive, and just how intricately connected to all body systems and lifestyle it is, including longevity.
I offer a Gut Health Boost session to empower you with the latest research and practices on improving your gut health, including:
- Gut health science made easy – how your microbiome works and why it’s so important
- The best foods to include for optimal gut health
- Foods and habits to avoid that may be harming your microbiome
- Bio hacks to balance and boost your microbiome
- Understanding probiotics, prebiotics and fermented foods
- The importance of more plant-based eating (not necessarily vegan)
There is a saying: Usually when we get gut health right, most other things just fall into place. I have found this to be very true for most people.
1.5 hour session: $125 in person at my location (a travel fee applies if at your location)
Online option available. I’m available 7 days.
Contact Dean to book or for more info.